Dr. Matthias Finck
Telephone: +49 (0)40 60940857-0
effective WEBWORK GmbH
Neuer Wall 18
- Installationguide [ .pdf - 57 KB - 2008.03.18 ]
- CommSy Short Description [ .pdf - 33 KB - 2008.01.31 ]
- User Manual [ .pdf - 1,49 MB - 2014.11.21 ]
- Handbook of Moderation [ .pdf - 191 KB - 2005.10.31 ]
- Use-Scenarios [ .pdf - 251 KB - 2004.01.12 ]
- CommSy Flyer [ .pdf - 1,08 MB - 2013.05.13 ]
CommSy (Community System) is a web-based System to support cross-linked project work. Independent and group learning are the main issues. Apart from professional competence, its main purpose is to promote social and medial competence. This is essential in dealing with challenges of the intellectual society, which is characterized by terms like "lifelong learning", "knowledge management" or "virtual teamwork". CommSy can be used free under the terms of the General Public License (GPL).
The structure of CommSy
The elementary structure of CommSy is organize in two workspace:
- The CommSy community workspace supports the whole community. All members of this workspace have the opportunity to present and to publish their materials and safe the work results there. Such a community workspace gives an overview about different CommSy project workspaces, which are dedicated to the community workspace.
- The CommSy Project workspaces are disponible for small, closed groups to support communication and coordination. The project workspaces are equivalent to the functionality of the CommSy community workspace, excepted a few special functions of the community workspace such as the overview of the project workspace, or the guest access.
- Overview of the Community room
You can create further CommSy group workspaces in an existing CommSy project workspace. The CommSy group workspace is inside a project workspace findable and only useable for the members of the corresponding project workspace. For each CommSy user a own personal area for personal materials is available. The personal area is integrated in the CommSy toolbar. Thus CommSy provides also an individual approval for other user and the administration of own materials.
Furthermore CommSy provides the possibility to create a Wiki and/or a Wordpress-Blog over the CommSy workspace.
Key Design Principles of CommSy
CommSy follows three key design principles through entire work:
CommSy is easy to use. It's functional and simple structure makes it easy to learn and modify, regardless of the browser and the operating system.
CommSy assures responsible use of the system. No anonymous entry is authorized. The access right concept is non-hierarchical.
- Easy Integration:
CommSy is set by open standards and therefore easy to add to other media. It can also easily be integrated into existing infrastructures. It turns into a special tool that can be combined with other tools (such as Wiki and Chat) in a tool box.
Empoyment Context of CommSy:
CommSy is used nationwide in diverse fields of schools, universities, teacher training, freelancer networks, extra curriculum learning and by study groups.
Especially in Hamburg CommSy is broadly used in the University of Hamburg and many schools. CommSy paves the road from schools to the University and from aspiring teachers again to schools. CommSy is for years the mostly used digital platform in universities and schools in all of Hamburg.
You'll find the portals maintained by the CommSy-Team at:
For more information about CommSy, its features and interfaces, please go to www.commsy.net