Project leader Lecture2Go:
Martin Kriszat, M. A.
Telephone: +49 (0)40 42838 6305
Fax: +49 (0)40 42838 6270
IT-Management and Systemdevelopment:
Dipl.Ing. (FH) Iavor Sturm
Telephone: +49 (0)40 42838 7551
Regionales Rechenzentrum der
Arbeitsplatzsysteme / Medienkompetenzzentrum
- Lecture2Go Installation Instructions [ .pdf - 832 KB - 2017.10.11 ]
- Lecture2Go Open Source Installation Tutorial
Portal Software Lecture2Go
Lecture2Go is a media distribution software for universities and non-commercial institutions. The publishing of e-lectures at universities accompanies modern pedagogical concepts and is becoming an important part of eLearning.
In contrast to other providers like YouTube or Vimeo, the data sovereignty of the uploaded content is guaranteed by using one's own software on one's own servers.
The software runs on all major browsers and has been developed by a team from the Computer Center of the University of Hamburg on the basis of Liferay. The open source solution of Lecture2Go is customizable and can be tailored to your own needs and requirements. The design of the software can also be adapted to have the "look and feel" of your institution.
Based on Liferay and the Open Source Software Lecture2Go, developed by the University of Hamburg, other universities can use the media portal for their own e-lectures.
Role based concept
The role "Guest" is the basic role of the Lecture2Go portal. Guests have free access to all publicly available video material. Our goal is - according to the "open access" idea - to publish as many records freely accessible as possible.
- browse for open access videos
- media accessible in different formats (video, audio, text)
- access to chapters and comments
- share content or subscribe via rss
- HTML5 embed code for downloadable videos
- iframe code
- dynamic generated with integrated chapters or comments
- as citation2go
Producers have special access rights and may publish new videos on the Lecture2Go portal. They work closely together with the coordinators of their faculty. To apply for this role, please contact your coordinator in charge.
- upload videos
- apply for lecture series
- segmentation of video content
- metadata entry
- set of permissions
- manual generation of video thumb nails
- set of video or lecture series passworts.
Coordinators have access to all video material, which was published within their own faculty. He is allows to control for example the accuracy of video content and metadata and - if necessary - to correct or block them.
- manages videos, events and producers of their own institution
- can create new sub institutions
- approves new producers or lecture series
For more details please visit http://lecture2go-open-source.rrz.uni-hamburg.de.